Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day Tripping:Palm Springs & Salton Sea

I decided a few months ago that I needed to get to know Southern California better in order to get rid of some annoying pre-conceived notions that I have. The first trip was to Palm Springs where we took a short diversion to the Salton Sea which I've been fascinated by, from a distance, for years.  This picture is actually by the side of the high way.  I don't know why these trees were dead-nothing around them was...maybe a controlled burn?  Anyway, the Salton Sea is other worldly in it's creepy beauty-I hope it regains its past status..I'd love to see it flourish again. If you find yourself in the area, be sure to stop for dates-the area is lousy with date palms!  I had the most delicious date milkshake.











Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: