Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day Tripping:Hermosa Beach, CA


This trip was a combo-Hermosa Beach and The Korean Friendship Bell in San Pedro.  Hermosa Beach is between Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach here in Southern California.  It really doesn't get much more classic SoCal, if you ask me. One way Hermosa Beach is different from most other beaches in the area is that it's a bit of a cove as opposed to a straight beach which makes it a bit cozier. It's definitely one of my favorite area beaches, with lots  of cute shops, laid back residents and a nice pier.

On this leg of the trip, we stopped at one of my favorites: The Redondo Beach Cafe. This place sells Canadian classics like smoked meat sandwiches and Poutine!!! POUTINE!!!  Not the easiest thing to find in California!! In case you are uninitiated, Poutine is a delectable French-Canadian concoction of fries, gravy and cheese curd.  It is oft copied and rarely perfected outside of Quebec. The Cafe shows Canadian sports events on TSN so the ads are CDN-like Swiss Chalet and Tim Horton's! Any day with Poutine is a good day.

Am I the only one noticing that Canada makes it's diplomatic way into a lot of my posts??  Is it wrong that I wrote more about poutine than my trip???  You be the judge...

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: